Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Panic and Mickey Mouse- Confirmation

I was so excited to her yet another updated photo of our Adalynn. But, with it came some concern. First, I realized why her hair had not grown. They have been shaving it! Secondly I was worried about her head shape. It appears that she has a ridge on the top of her head. I had myself convinced that it was something serious. I panicked! Immediately I sent her pictures to the best Pediatric Infectious Disease doctor that I know, Dr Robyn Schmucher.Robyn got back with me right away. To my great surprise, relief, and joy Robyn was not concerned and thought this was normal, just more obvious because of the shaved head.

Here is the crazy story of just how creative our Creator is...Find the hidden Mickey:) ....


Back way up...Spring Break 2009. What a year. Landon was just learning to walk again after spending most of the past 9 months in a wheelchair. He had surgery in December to attempt to remove his tumor and prevent it from coming back. We had 3 failed referrals for our Ethiopian son. I needed a break from it all. So we took the kids on our first ever trip to Disney World. No Internet all week.

Before we left we were feeling discouraged, and apprehensive about our adoption. I had prayed Lord, please send me ONE picture of Eli where I know he is my "son." I had always heard adoptive parents talking about seeing there child's face and how they just "knew"...We had lots of photos of Eli to this point, but, none of them gave me that confirmation.

When we got home a week later I checked my email, there is it was. I was almost too nervous to open it. Sent on the day we were at the Magic Kingdom was an unopened email from our adoption caseworker, with an updated photos of Eli. There he was..adorable..looking like MY Eli, for the 1st and only photo where he was not wearing something pink..He was wearing Mickey Mouse bibs!! It's just like he was there at Disney with us that day! Too this very day Eli LOVES, and I mean LOVES Mickey Mouse.

Eli was the first too notice the Mickey pillow in the photo of Adalynn that day where I was so concerned. Yes, God is creative with the way he shows me confirmation and he also has a sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment